If you’re reading this we don’t have to sell you upon becoming a developer. You already know it’s one of the most lucrative (and fastest growing) career tracks out there no degree required.
Create applications that are constantly updated via a web service. Stock market, weather, and transportation apps work with web services to provide users with current information.
Create apps that take advantage of the HTML5 canvas which allows data visualizations, animations and even gaming!
Create applications with reactive interfaces that provide users with an optimized experience.
This is where you can separate yourself from the average developer.
In this certification program you’ll learn:
- How to Output to the console
- How to output content to the browser window by manipulating the DOM
- The getElementById() command
- How to use Number Functions
- Using Booleans
- How programs make decisions with conditionals
- If Statements and If Else Statements
- Nested If Statements
- For Loops, While Loops, Do While Loops
- For In Loops, Endless Loops, Break and Continue Statements
- Looping Through Arrays
- Javscript Strings and String Functions to process text
- Working with the Browser DOM
- Accessing Web Services with the xmlHTTPRequest() Object
- Making Requests and Parameterized Requests
- Working with Returned Text Content
- Working with Returned XML Content
- Understanding JSON notation and Parsing JSON content
- Faux Multithreading with Javaascript
How Does the Certification Program Work?
First: Complete the Course
The courses are designed to be completed in a few days, if significant time is invested. However, you may spread the work out for as long as you’d like. There are no calendars or limits on individual courses. Simply work with the course until you’re confident that you’ve mastered the material.
Next: Pass the Exam
Once you complete the course, you’ll be eligible to sit for the exam. The exam is composed of fifty multiple choice questions with a minimum passing score of 80%. The exam isn’t designed to be difficult, but to verify that you retained the information in the course. You have up to an hour to complete the exam. However, most people complete the exam much more quickly. If you don’t pass the exam the first time you take it, you may sit for the exam again.
Receive Your Certificate and Badge
Now that you’re certified, you’ll receive your printable, full color digital certificate. Your certificate includes a link to a digital transcript page which will serve as verification of your achievement. You can place the badge on your personal website, portfolio, or resume. You also can automatically place the badge on your LinkedIn page.
Many individuals who receive these certifications place them in their email signature and other highly visible digital real estate to set them apart from other developers.
Who should get certified?
- Graphic and Digital Designers
- Startup Employees
- Marketing Designers
- Content Specialists
- Agency Personnel
- Students who want to be more Employable
Anyone else who wants this critical skill set and proof of expertise
Why Should You Be Certified?
Who is the target audience?
- Developers who want to move from Desktop apps to the Web Space
- New Developers who want to learn an important coding skill while earning a professional credential