Emotional Intelligence is the strongest driver of leadership and personal excellence.
- Leaders with high levels of emotional intelligence earn $29K more in salary than those with low levels of emotional intelligence
- Every point increase in EQ (emotional quotient) is equivalent to $1,300 in annual salary.
As a leader you are responsible for generating trust, building authentic relationships and effective teams. It is vital that you lead by example and inspire excellence in others.
This course will help you to develop and apply your emotional intelligence skills as a leader. You will learn more about your mode and style of leadership to grow other people, enhance their performance and personal satisfaction.
You will learn how to
- Develop greater self-awareness and strengthen your leadership capabilities
- Identify your emotional strengths and areas for development
- Demonstrate the attributes of an emotionally intelligent leader
- Manage conflict and difficult situations by inspiring and fostering respect
- Build and maintain emotionally intelligent teams
The course, also, covers emotional intelligence coaching and how to manage and resolve situations where conflict arises.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how work to more effectively with others as a leader. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
The course is for you if you want to develop as a leader to improve the way that you interact with other people, the way that you make decisions and the way that you manage performance.
The course contains some challenging quizzes around real-life workplace leadership scenarios that will make you think. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour’s training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE – This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Your leadership cannot be developed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I’m afraid that you won’t get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
The course is being continually refined and updated to ensure it remains current and relevant.
Full grammatically-correct English captions available.
Latest update – March 2018
Who is the target audience?
- This emotional Intelligence course is designed for anyone in a leadership position in an organisation who is interested in improving the emotional climate
- You will be responsible for leading and managing groups of people to achieve outcomes and enhance performance
- This course will not be of interest to you if you manage processes and tasks with little focus on the people involved
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively
- Keenness to learn about emotionally intelligent leadership and how to adapt your approach in different circumstances
- Identify how working with emotional intelligence can lead to better outcomes with the people that you are responsible for
- Understand behavioral preferences and how to work with others with different preferences
- Determine those people and those circumstances that would benefit from a coaching approach
- Understand your mode and style of leadership and what you need to do to get the most out of difficult situations
- Know the importance of conflict and how you can work with it to build relationships
- Develop and build your social skills and your emotional intelligence
- Enhance your leadership capabilities through the application of emotional intelligence